Thursday, August 1, 2013

Brit Sewing Thursday Linky (1st August 2013)


After mentioning last week that I have no quilts in progress (a teeny bit of a lie) I spent this week rumaging amongst my UFOs and salvaging forgotten projects. I finished up a forgotten lighthouse cushion which I started last year as an experiment in improv piecing and abandoned because I got bored with it. I stuck a back on it and the result looks a lot better on our spare bed than it did shoved in a corner of my sewing room...

lighthousecushion

Then I dug out Theo's neighbourhood quilt which also got cast aside when I grew bored of building houses.  I have now realised I could actually finish it quite quickly with a little effort and dare I say it actually have it ready to give to him on his 2nd birthday at the end of the month? So the challenge has been set. I'm going to get it long-arm quilted which leaves me a fortnight to finish back and front. Expect to see significant progress next week!

Oh and for those of you wandering about my skirt... It's horrible! It probably warrants a post of it's own about blindly following online tutorials, but I'll save that for after I have salvaged the material and turned it in to a skirt I'd be seen dead in. Full story will follow...

So what have you been sewing this week?



Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...