Tuesday, August 6, 2013

X Factor Swap - Round 6


This morning I came home from the dog walk to discover a parcel from Saskatoon in my mailbox. Saskatoon is about 4 hours from where we used to live in Canada and as Canada is a VERY big country, that makes the sender our former near-neighbour, exciting enough for a Tuesday morning frankly.

But more excitement awaited, inside was my pillow cover from the X-Factor pillow swap. If you aren't familiar with how the swap works, everyone contributes a cushion and then after secret voting you are assigned a pillow according to how highly your own contribution was rated by other swappers.

I let my parcel sit on the kitchen table for a good 10 minutes. I love this part of the swap, where like Schrodinger's cat, several possibilities simultaneously exist before you open the package...

I made some tea, unloaded the washing machine and waited for a quiet moment before I opened it and I was astonished at what came out of the envelope! There were 3 or 4 pillows in the swap which I absolutely loved and I never expected to receive any of them, but I was wrong!

X Factor swap cushion - Received!

This pillow was made by the very talented Lisa and I LOVE it. How cute is the fabric and that fussy cut Dalmation dog and the quilting is perfect. I photographed it in Theo's room because our sofa is looking rather tatty, but it's not staying there - something might happen to it n the night!


Lisa's pillow is so lovely I'm actually a bit embarrassed to show you the one I contributed, but here you go...

Hexies Around The World
 
The next round is low volume and I think I have a fairly good idea of which design I'll be making. I'm hoping I might be able to pick up an appropriate fabric bundle at the Festival Of Quilts later this week. Anyone else going?
 
Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. Wow gorgeous cushion!! I am in the next round of the pillow swap and I can't wait to make a low volume pillow! I may bump into you at FoQ on Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not heard of this swap but I like the idea of how the pillows are assigned. You made a great pillow and got a great pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pillow you received and the one you made. I keep meaning to join in on the pillow swap and never quite get myself organised.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is gorgeous! We're planning on moving to Canada, what made you move here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I've caused confusion. We are Brits, but we were posted to Canada for two years!

      Delete
  5. Yes, I shall be at the FOQ, on Thursday with my sister and on Saturday to see everything I didn't have time to see on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You received very beautiful pillow but yours is also fantastic! I love both designs! Sunny wishes from Greece!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...