Friday, May 2, 2014

Review : Methven Satinjet Shower head


Over the last couple of weeks we have spent more than the normal amount of time considering bathroom fixtures as we choose equipment for our two new bathrooms.

As a family that loves showers (and has had to endure some really bad ones in military quarters) it was something we really want to get right in this house. We have chosen extra large shower trays and we wanted great shower heads too, so when we were approached to review a Methven satinjet shower head, I couldn't say no.

Methven make shower heads with "eco-friendly satinjet technology" - In simple terms this means that the shower is delivered through very small pairs of holes which are angled so the jets of water collide and creates a spray which is more like a rainfall shower than a conventional shower spray.

The Kaha shower head which we tried is also massive - nearly 14cm across. It made our existing head look quite weedy and old-fashioned.


I confess that because of the unconventional layout of holes in the head, I was a little cynical about whether it would actually work, but I was impressed! The Kaha shower head has an uncanny ability of making you feel like you are getting "wetter" in the shower with exactly the same amount of water (this sounds ridiculous, but it's the only way I can explain it) it delivers a soft drenching rainfall like flow, but also switches to a powerful massage jet at the flick of a switch.

The downside is it's not cheap. The RRP is £139, but it sells for nearer £100 on Amazon. However if you are a family who loves your showers it may be worth it. Personally I am hooked and I won't be giving mine up in a hurry!

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. That's enormous compared with your old one!! Sounds good, showers that just have a dribble of water are so disappointing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its one of those things you have to try for yourself as I can't imagine getting wetter under the shower?! I'm so particular about my showers they have to be powerful or I don't enjoy. I would like to try this though as I'm curious. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...