Tuesday, July 15, 2014

New handmade stickers - Printed.com review


One of the unexpected problems with making and giving a lot of handmade gifts is that sometimes when the person unwraps it they can completely miss the fact it is handmade. (Really, they do!)

After a couple of slightly embarrassing incidents where something I had slaved over for several days was dismissed with a sincere but brief thank you, I started labeling everything with sewn in labels, but then I discovered that even this wasn't enough because the label is often hidden away on the reverse of a quilt or inside a pouch, so then I started labeling the actual packaging too.

My last batch of sticky labels came from the Far East because I couldn't find anywhere to print them in the UK at a decent price, so I was delighted when printed.com approached me and asked if I'd like to try out one of their products. The last of my Far East stickers had been used so I opted for a new batch of their 51mm round stickers. 200 in fact, which should keep me going for quite a while!


The stickers are fab, excellent quality printing, fast dispatch, easy to use website, everything I wanted really. The economies of scale mean it is only marginally more expensive to print 200 than it is to print 50 ( £22.34 vs £20.44) making it really cheap if you are prepared to buy in quantity.

The only down side I can see is that you have to produce the artwork yourself. This is straightforward if you have Adobe Illustrator (as I do) but that's not the case for everyone. Although this won't deter me from ordering again (I'm going to try postcards next) I do hope they consider introducing a few ready made templates so everyone can have a go.

In the meantime keep an eye on their website as they will be introducing a new photographic range soon with things like canvases and framed prints...


Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. How do you get so many complanies approaching you to try free stuff and to get stuff for free? Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a good idea, especially for knitting things that can't really fit a sewn in label anywhere - safety pinning one in just isn't quite the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought about knitting, but they'd work very well for that!

      Delete
  3. I sold a few quilts at a craft event today; one lady came up to the stall and asked me, 'now, who do you represent?'...er, me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love stickers and so I have ordered some myself for my blog as well, I have also designed some sticker business cards and they work a treat. Am slowing falling in love with Quilting, I have been invited to a liberties quilt making course, so very excited to see what I end up creating. Great post x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous. I'm in the US. Do you have an idea on what I'd google to find a US company that prints these?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...