Thursday, July 3, 2014

Capturing Colour - Yellow

image

It's week five of Capturing Colour. This project has been a really well timed virtual kick to get me active on Instagram again. You may have heard Tots 100 are now using it as a metric for working out their rankings, which is a sure sign that it's something that us bloggers need to embrace, but beyond that I love the ease of sharing images and joining virtual communities. It has in some ways taken over where Flickr has declined. If you want to follow me I'm @maybushstudio and as well as heaps of colourful images, this is also where you will start to see the interior shots of our house.... I know, I'm such a tease...

Bath toy taking a dip in her yellow pool... #capturingcolour #yellow

So this week has been all about the colour yellow. It's everywhere from street signs to warning labels, flowers to bicycles. Some of the images I have loved most on Instagram are the ones that make use of the graphic shapes and lines of street markings. I had every intention of seeking some out myself this week to photograph and then I got a cold and the only yellow I wanted to see was Lemsip...

image
image
image
image
image

Next week the colour orange takes centre stage. You can see previous weeks posts below to give you a flavour if you missed them...


Please join us over on Instagram #capturingcolour and check out the other great bloggers taking part who will also be publishing their yellow round-up posts today...

Hayley at Shutterflies
Kirsty at My Two Mums 
Lucy at Capture By Lucy


Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. These are awesome!! Love the taxi and the washing up shot in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The taxi shot is so striking! I like how the instagram community has been inspired to share their colourful images. It's so lovely we can all share our love of photography. I look forward to seeing the oranges you capture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lemsip is a perfectly valid colour yellow! I hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great photo's all of them, but how about some colour on those tootsies too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...