Monday, July 7, 2014

Living Arrows - 27/52

Theo_060714
ISO 1250, 35mm, f/3.2, 1/250

This face pulling is new. A part of a new stage of self-awareness that goes with the understanding of how to go "cheese" for the camera (something I most definitely did not teach him!) and learning his own style of nearly-three-year-old humour.

His mornings at nursery play a big part in this. His friends there are all girls. The doe-eyed brunette who he chatters about constantly seems to barely to register his existence, but a new curly-haired girl has appeared on the scene and when I left him on Friday, my heart-skipped a beat as I heard her greet him slowly, quietly and kindly by name. I'm so glad he's got a friend and that he's not dishing out all his affection for no return.

Yesterday we bought him his first proper bed and next weekend if all goes to plan, he should be sleeping in it in his new bedroom.

PS - A note on camera settings... The ISO setting I choose for this photo is really too high and you can see a bit of grain in the image as a result, I should have opened up the aperture a bit wider and reduced it... I don't always get it right.


living arrows

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I've noticed I've been leaving my camera on auto ISO a lot. I don't mind the extra grain if it gets some light into my shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, such a cute picture - kids are so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how exciting new bed and new bedroom. Good luck. Love the photo and you do always get it right. Love the pic. lol #livingarrows

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it - it's such a cute picture!

    It's lovely to see them making their own friends isn't it? My son is the same age and has made two best friends at nursery, however it's boys only as none of the girls pay any attention to the boys :)

    #livingarrows

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...