Thursday, July 10, 2014

#CapturingColour - Orange

image

It's our sixth week of Capturing Colour and it's been great to see the momentum really growing on Instagram. What started as a group of photographically minded bloggers posting about the colour blue at the beginning of June, has blossomed into a really exciting little community with over a 1000 posts sharing the hashtag #capturingcolour on Instagram.

Orange week has been both good and bad for me. Bad because I struggle a bit with it as a colour, it has associations with cheapness and safety equipment and I have never encountered an orange flower that I really loved (even the tatty nasturtiums in my garden.)

But it was good too because I am trying to embrace the colour and part of that was completing my first quilt that quite apologetically featured orange in a big way...

orangehst1
image
image
image

image

This is our final week of sharing #capturingcolour through our blogs, but it will be continuing on Instagram where next week's colour will be gold. 

A huge thank you to Kirsty at My Two Mums  for inviting me to take part in this project back in May. I really felt honoured to be included and it has been great to have a focus to my instagram posting. Don't forget to visit the other four bloggers taking part today and lets keep the colour sharing going...

Hayley at Shutterflies
Lucy at Capture By Lucy


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. It's been so great having you part of such a lovely team. I have really enjoyed your posts each week. The blanket you've made is gorgeous. I wish I had the talents to make one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...