Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Cable & Cotton, I think I love you...

c&c6

What is it about string lights that makes us love them so?

When I was sent to work in the Falkland Islands for six months with only two bags of luggage, one of the essential items I squeezed in was a set of string lights and given how dull my mess room was, I'm so pleased I did.

Cable & Cotton recently sent me a length of their mojito coloured (flavoured?) lights for my study. Teal, lime and neutral shades which arrive as individual balls so you can string them how you want. I'm an idiot to a strung them completely the wrong way first time and then lasted a day before I had to restring them with all the colours in order.


The lights come in colour sets for indecisive people like me, but you can pick your own too from the 46 different colours they sell. So you could choose them to match a room's colour scheme or a quilt (yes fellow quilters, I'm way ahead of you on this one) or a season (I need Christmas ones!!) Or you could just choose one of every colour you like. They do lengths of 20, 35 & 50

I've strung mine up round a picture frame. Theo keeps coming in, turning them off and telling me "It's not dark Mummy." Now I have to explain that rule applies to every single light in the house except these lights. Because these lights are special.

Cable & Cotton lights


Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. These lights are just beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have been so tempted by these in the past and this just makes me want them even more. I love them! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look gorgeous - and yes different rules definitely apply to fairy lights! I've been eyeing up a string for the girls room when they move in together but I'm not sure I'd be able to resist having them in the lounge instead!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...