Thursday, June 26, 2014

Navy & Lime HST Baby Quilt

bluelimequilt4

I've just finished my second half square triangle baby quilt of 2014. I'm finding that with quilts, I am increasingly drawn to simpler colour schemes and simpler patterns.

I used to buy quite varied prints and then I found I didn't use them as much as dots, checks and stripes. This quilt is a classic example of how pairing those kind of patterns can look so clean and modern.

I've also noticed my eye has improved a lot since I started my Graphic Design degree. Nothing I can exactly put my finger on, but I'm bolder with colour choices and happier with the results.

bluelimequilt6

The chevron/stripe binding is everywhere at the moment and this is actually the first time I have done it. I love the result though, whether original or not!

bluelimequilt2
bluelimequilt1

I backed the quilt with minky again. It's expensive (I want to weep when I see American quilters talking about buying it for $8 a metre!) but it makes the quilt feel so snuggly and luxurious.

I sent it off to its new home on Monday, rather reluctantly I have to admit as this is one I would have happily hung on to.

bluelimequilt7


Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Oh that's gorgeous - I love the colour combination and the chevron binding looks fabulous. I'm not surprised it was hard to hold onto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that is gorgeous! The colors are terrific and, yes, minky is a wonderful complement! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I've seen chevron binding, and I love it! The quilt is beautiful and I really like how fresh the colour is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice--that looks so clean and modern. I love the combination of navy and lime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt is beautiful! I am use working on my very 1st HST quilt. How have I never made one in 15 years of quilting, I'll never know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love blue and green. You have inspired me to start a half square triangle quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very striking and I love how you co-ordinated your outfit with the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful!!! I want to snuggle up to it also :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...