Thursday, June 26, 2014

Capturing Colour : Purple

Scabiosa - The butterfly plant

Purple has not been a particularly easy colour this week. In fact it was very telling that when I searched for it on Flickr (as I have been doing every week for inspiration) the only thing that came up were images of flowers. Purple does seem to be very prevalent in nature at the moment. My parents have at least three different plants with purple blooms out in their garden, but sadly we were a little early for the open day at our local lavender farm (and a little early for lavender in full bloom generally) but I did manage to capture some colour...

image
purple4
image
purple5
purple3

And a couple of purple images from my archive...

Summer skirt

That Lavender Farm open day I was talking about and Theo taking an irrational dislike to it last year...

Theo in the lavender fields

Next week's colour is yellow, don't forget to pop over and visit the other bloggers taking part...

Hayley at Shutterflies
Kirsty at My Two Mums 
Lucy at Capture By Lucy

...and you can join in yourself on Instagram with #capturingcolour 



Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. You've managed to capture purple far better than I did. I had a mini panic last night as the only purple I'd captured was a couple of flowers.But luckily the park we took M to last night was a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how purple has been a bit of a challenge outside of flowers. If you read Jane Brocket's blog at all she was talking about purple recently and how because of its association with death and/or royalty it's not a colour that's been adopted as mainstream as much as say blue, despite the fact that as a pigment blue is traditionally much harder to come by. Yellow on the other hand - I know I'm going to be able to find yellow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...