Monday, February 17, 2014

7/52 - The one with some winter sunshine

Feb1614_Theo

I can't have been the only one who nearly leaped for joy when I saw "dry and sunny" in the forecast yesterday?

Every parent of a small child must be starting to climb the walls after the weeks of rain we have had. It is so easy to keep them occupied outside and increasingly tricky to do so when you are stuck indoors day after day.

Theo really loves being out and I am relieved to say he's long past the phase of resisting putting on his winter kit. There was a point a couple of months ago where we were being driven loopy by his stubborn resistance to wear wellies, but we're over that now, thank heavens.

This change in the weather has come just in time for us, we're off to Center Parcs at Longleat next Monday and our big build project starts the following week. Some dry weather would be really really handy from now on...

I'm linking up with Jodi and with I Heart Snapping. If you haven't visited the latter site yet, I implore you to pop over. It's one of my regular reads now, a lovely feast for the eyes... 

living arrows

Follow on Bloglovin

26 comments:

  1. It was blissful to see the sun wasn't it. Let's hope there's more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely picture, shame the sun has disappeared again! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. We enjoyed the sunshine too. Have fun at Center Parcs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It wasn't dry here! I hope you have a fab time at Center Parcs. We're hoping to go later in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesterday was wonderful:) so nice to see the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's hope we see lots more sun - I'm so sick of this weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to making the most of the sunshine yesterday - we are now sitting inside as the rain pours down again - sigh! Looking forward to the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photo, the sunshine was glorious yesterday! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too got all excited at the word 'sunshine' - I think Wednesday looks set to be the totally dry one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely picture. It was lovely to see the sun, albeit briefly x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A sunny smile to go with the sunshine. Great pic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous. Everything seems brighter when there's sunshine! I must admit to really missing those cold, crisp, sunny days that winter usually brings...

    ReplyDelete
  13. My post was saying the exact same thing! I was so excited to see sun forecast and we stayed outside all day to make the most of it! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh let's hope we'll get more days like this! Those sunny rays really help blast out the cobwebs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's lovely to see some sunshine in this miserable weather isn't it. Hope it continues for your week away!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are definitely not the only one!! The sunshine really cheered my soul and on our walk out it was lovely to spot the daisies popping up! Come on Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous photo, and how nice was it to finally get a bit of winter sun - I even made it out in the garden! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Having sunshine for a change was amazing! Great pic and thanks for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks like sun doesn't want to play with us no more... more rain coming soon :-(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh he's so gorgeous, what a lovely sunny shot! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes…so good to see some sunshine!!! Also linked in with 'I heart Snapping' which I loved - thanks for the link!! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great photo - I love his wonky hat!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The sun was very much welcome! I love Longleat! Haven't been to the Centreparcs there, but hoping to one day. Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful to find your blog! We were at Longleat for the Santa train - enjoy! #LivingArrows xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous picture - hope you have a lovely holiday in Centre Parks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...