Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Tour of a masculine bathroom...


A few weeks ago I showed you some photos of my mum's newly renovated en-suite and promised you as glimpse of my dad's when it was complete. For those of you who missed that first post, I should explain that yes, my parents have two en-suite bathrooms which are both a compact 2 metres square.

As they are positioned next to internal walls, they have a Velux instead of a window for light and at night they are lit by LED spots which means they are always light and bright.

Whilst my mum's en suite is great in its own right. I think my dad's is rather special. He's managed to pull off something quite clever by making it masculine and yet not dull. Once again this was a room that originally had a corner shower which has been ripped out and replaced with a larger walk-in enclosure. Both the toilet and sink are wall hung and there's a heated LED mirror and tiled recesses for storage.

The space has been used really well throughout and it shows how a little bit of planning can really pay off with bathroom design. My dad also deserves a mention for something else... Look how clean this bathroom is! It is actually literally spotless and he's been using it for several weeks. I might have to ask him how he keeps his shower door so immaculate, though I suspect that a water softener plays a big part!

Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. Wow, now that is a lovely bathroom. Talk about power shower... I'd love to try that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I dream of one day having bathrooms that look like that, beautiful - even if manly! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure he doesn't use your Mum's when she's not looking and that's how he's keeping it so immaculate? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we know mums better than that, you can't get away with doing anything without them knowing! ;-)

      Delete
  4. I love the fact that your parents have separate en-suite bathrooms! Love the look of your dad's! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...