Monday, December 29, 2014

A year of portraits...

Back in February I stumbled across a weekly linky on iheartsnapping.com which invited people to take a photo a week of their children and record their development. I joined in week 5 and today is the last of the year. It's been a brilliant project that has resulted in some lovely portraits of Theo (and a few that weren't quite so good!)

I think what it proves more than anything is that having a photo project of any kind is a wonderful thing as it challenges you to stretch yourself and capture moments that might otherwise slip by. My editing has also improved as I've had one image a week to play around with an achieve the best from. As I share my last portrait of 2014, I wanted to also share some of my favourite pictures I took for Living Arrows. 11 months that capture the transition from toddlerhood to boyhood.

theo090214_2 Feb1614_Theo Funny face rapefield1 270414_1 cooldude1 theobed theo_080614a raspberry theo_140714 It's tough being three doddle5 pumpkinboy_edit eh_2_edit At the beach

And the last one...

la291214_edit

It's hard to pick a favourite, but I find the ones where he is sad are so powerful and they seem to tell a story. Next year Hayley will be hosting Living Arrows and I plan to continue to join the linky, there are so many moments here I might have lost otherwise.

living arrows

Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. I've really enjoyed following your photos this year. I love the different emotions you've captured too.
    Can't wait to see what you come up with next year too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing seeing how much he's changed throughout the year isn't it. Your final portrait is gorgeous as always, and I agree with you about there being something very special about the not so smily photos, they're really lovely 😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fave will be the 4th photo. He looks so adorable and amazing how he is growing in every photo =) #livingarrows

    ReplyDelete
  4. You take the most beautiful photos and portraits. I love them all. Can't wait to see next years too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos. I agree on the power of the emotion coming through. The one with the single tear is so poignant.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...