Saturday, August 23, 2014

Sharing holiday memories...


This month's Center Parcs challenge is all about sharing holiday memories. As we've been a bit busy this year with work on our house we haven't had a chance to do too many summer activities, so for this challenge I decided Theo might like to share some of my holiday memories from when I was three so we sat down together to look at some photos...

When I was Theo's age I used to have holidays on the Costa Brava. There was lots of swimming in the sea, warm sunshine and Spanish food. I remember long days at the beach, the twin room I shared with my sister and wandering around little old Spanish villages during lovely warm evenings.

Until now I haven't shown him many photos of me as a little girl, but he seemed to catch on to the idea that the small child in the photos was actually his mummy. There were plenty of family members in the photos too who look quite different 25 years on, but he seemed to enjoy trying to guess who was who.

If you want to take part in the August challenge, Center Parcs have put together a load of tips about how to preserve your family memories with children. I really liked their advice about building a scrapbook...

"Create a scrapbook by sticking in different mementos of your summer – train tickets, photos and handwritten diary entries always work well, or why not try something a little more unusual? Ask your little ones to decorate your scrap book with hand prints and finger painting, cut out words from old newspapers and magazines or even have a go at creating a digital scrapbook, complete with video clips."

But I also think the suggestion of putting together a short edited video of summer moments is lovely. It's something I keep meaning to do more of... and maybe we need to start thinking about our own Spanish seaside holiday too!

I’m a Center Parcs Family Blogger and have visited Longleat village with my family. If you want to enter to win a place as a wildcard winner just go to the challenge page to find out how bit.ly/1url80d


CenterParcs Family Blog Club


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...