Sunday, August 17, 2014

Great Bloggers Bake Off - Week 2


This week on the Great British Bake Off it was biscuit week. As tempted as I was to try constructing a three-dimensional biscuit scene, I know my limitations (of both talent and time) and decided instead to make much simpler batch of chocolate chip cookies.

My husband found me making these in the kitchen when he took a break from wallpapering the bathroom (that's a post for next week) and was so surprised he felt compelled to tell me how long it was since I'd last made cookies (mostly cause we just eat them) so I'm waiting for the "ohhhhhhhh" moment when he sees the blog and realises why I really made them!

This recipe is adapted from one in the Popina Book Of Baking by Isidora Popvic, which (amongst other things) contains my go-to recipe for shortcrust pastry (which doesn't require chilling.) It is well worth a look.


Ingredients :

120g salted butter (at room temperature)
150g soft brown sugar
1 tablespoon of golden syrup
Few drops of vanilla essence
1 egg
210g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
100g chocolate chips (I used a mixture of plain and white)

Method :

* Heat the oven to 170c.
* Combine sugar and butter
* Add syrup, vanilla esssence and beaten egg
* Add dry ingredients
* Finally stir in the chocolate chips
* Place the cookie mixture in clingfilm and mould into a log shape.
* Chill in the fridge for an hour
* Cut into discs and place on a baking tray
* Put in the oven. Set the timer for 12 minutes and check on the cookies. They may need an extra 2 or 3 minutes. They will be a little floppy when they come out of the oven, but they harden as they cool and will still retain that chewy cookie consistency.

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com
 
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. YUM! You can't beat a chocolate chip cookie and these look fab. My kids love them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He can scarcely complain about the motivation if it results in cookies - anything is valid motivation if it results in cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have spent all evening writing my round up post when I realised i completely missed seeing your lovely looking cookies! I am so sorry!
    anyway, these look so good and thank you for linking up x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...