Wednesday, August 3, 2011

West Coast Wonders (part 2)

Calgary beach, Isle of Mull
Ardvasar, Isle Of Skye
Eilean Donan Castle, west coast of Scotland
Loch Torridon
Eigg & Rhum
Stonefield, Isle Of Skye
Morar
Calgary Bay, Isle Of Mull
Glenuig
View from Stonefield beach, Isle Of Skye

A final batch of eye candy for you from the west coast of Scotland. I think you will be incredibly relieved to know that despite the fact the sun shone and the views were stunning, the trip was not always perfect!

Our first four nights were spent at a self-catering cottage on a remote 2000 acre Highland estate, only when we arrived late afternoon did we discover towels were not included with the accommodation and we were a two hour round trip (in the direction we had just come from) from the nearest supermarket. So we swallowed hard and realised we had to go ahead with our only option - use the towels we had brought for the dogs!!

Fortunately they were freshly washed and tumble dried (pampered pooches in our house) but it still felt slightly less than hygenic!

I also managed to soak my only pair of shoes when I stood in a boggy hole on the Isle Of Skye whilst taking a photo and then had to spend half the next day walking around wearing wellies whilst I tried to buy another pair of shoes.

And partly because we packed for typical cooler, damper Scottish weather, and partly because I have totally failed to find any summer maternity shorts that stay up, I spent the majority of the holiday sweltering in a pair of jeans and fantasising about floaty summer skirts!

I'd do it all again in a heart beat though, there is such a lot to see (and photograph) some wonderful fresh seafood and miles of wilderness free from tourists (even in August) If you are planning a trip, you can see details of where the photos were taken by clicking through to Flickr, but here's a brief outline...

Calgary bay, Isle Of Mull
Ardvasar, Isle Of Skye (this is where I stood in a boggy hole!)
Eilean Donan Castle
Crofter's Cottage, Loch Torridon
Isles of Eigg & Rhum seen from the Skye ferry
Stonefield, Isle Of Skye
Silver sands of Morar
Jim walking the dogs at Calgary Bay
View from the Glenuig Inn, Glenuig
Stonefield, Isle Of Skye

And for anyone trying to improve their photography (I count myself in this bracket too!) I'm going to be posting a review of a great little ebook for DSLR users tomorrow, so pop back to find out more...

4 comments:

  1. I can but sigh at the gorgiousness(?) of it all, and wonder why the weather gods don't smile on us in a similar way to you when we are in Scotland.....

    Oh, and sending link to your blog to my dearest to whet his travelling appetite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! So beautifully peaceful. Sigh. Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations, your photos are marvellous.
    I can not wait to visit Scotland, will be the destination of my next trip on the road..
    Your photos contributes to my unbridled desire to come to your land!
    congratulations for the blog, graet!
    greetings from Rome!
    donatella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, oh, I'm almost hyperventilating with the beauty of it all. Your photos really do justice to this most beautiful part of the world, which is the highest praise I could give. Skye is my favourite place on earth! And that wee cottage with the red roof is the sort I have dreamed about since childhood as a perfect highland escape. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...