Monday, October 27, 2014

Living Arrows : 43/52

pumpkinboy_edit
ISO 400, 35mm, F/2.2, 1/125

It's Halloween week so how could I possibly resist a photograph with pumpkins in it (I'm trying hard not to say "and my little pumpkin") we bought these on an expedition last week to a quirky Sussex pumpkin event which you can read about in this post. They look too good to carve, so I'm procrastinating and leaving them on the kitchen table at the moment.

Last year Theo was invited out by the neighbour's children to go trick or treating, but was too young to really understand it or to stay up late enough. This year I think he'll get it, but I have no idea if the invitation will be forthcoming again! So do I buy a fancy dress outfit? I feel like I'll be jinxing things for him if I do, but then I might be caught short if I don't! 

In Canada everybody dressed up on Halloween including the grown-ups and those who just stayed at home to answer the door to trick or treaters. After several years away we returned to the UK to find that trick or treating was now a thing here, but we still hold back a little from being too enthusiastic! Though Jim did say this weekend that he'd love to fly back to Alberta and fill a trolly with Halloween stuff in the supermarket and bring it all back home. But is Sussex ready for mechanical gravestones and inflatable giant pumpkins? I think possibly not...


living arrows

Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Halloween is definitely a bigger thing in the US and Canada. We're still learning here and I doubt LP and LM will ever go Trick or Treat-ing as Hubby hates it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing pumpkins love the colors. Great capture of your little one as always! He is so adorable. #livingarrows

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of Halloween but mainly over here it seems tacky and trick or treat seems to involve older children demanding money with menaces or people getting their cars egged. Some times when I go to work the day after the carnage in the high street has been awful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely picture.

    I hate trick or treating, It used to scare us as children with people coming to the door, so it won't be something that N does if I have my way. Luckily we live in the middle of nowhere so we don't get people round. We will be at a halloween party though on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks like a proud farmer with his produce! Love his little face :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...