Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hello summer!


Silver Cross


It feels like we have been waiting FOREVER for summer this year, but finally it arrived yesterday and despite being five hours north of the border, we were the warmest spot in Scotland - wow!

When the sun came out again today, I decided to dig the Silver Cross pram out and take it to the Post Office (where it always gets a warm reception!) Theo was last in it when he was a couple of months old, so I wasn't sure what he'd make of it now he's sitting up, and whether he'd try and climb out. I needn't have worried, he loved it!

Not only was he up high enough to see everything that was going on, but he also had 360 degree views of the world.

When we got home I took him into the back garden, and parked the pram next to our fence where he was at just the right height to join in with a chat with my neighbours and keep an eye on what their children were up to.

Having spent most of the weekend in the house trying to keep him away from the broadband router or the fake coals in our gas fire, it turned out to be a very simple and easy way to keep him entertained, so here's hoping the warm weather continues tomorrow...

5 comments:

  1. Love that pram - he looks gorgeous. They do love the view. And even better when they can join in the fun. And yes - you look forward to every milestone - walking and talking and then you think. My this is challenging.... I can't get anything done. They get into everything. I left Katie downstairs for a couple of minutes and she got into my purse - I found a girl covered in lipstick when I got back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see that Silver Cross. I still have mine (green) that I had sent out from England many years ago and all my children rode in it and I am sure loved it just like Theo..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaahh my Mum had one of them for me and he looks very happy in it. We are loving the sun too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that pram too...so much more comfortable than the horrible pushchairs and strollers we have nowadays...lucky boy and he can sleep comfortably when he's tired.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful picture. I remember my mother being mortified when I had a "modern buggy" rather than a grand Silvercross for my two. My best memory though was when I was 5, when Father Christams bought me my very own navy blue Silver cross for my baby dollies. It was my pride and joy for so many years and an exact replica of a really Mummy's version.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...