Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Post Bag

Post Bag - Akrotiri 1

It's been a productive week so far, but don't worry I'm sure it won't last...

I made this bag last night for one of my colleagues birthdays. It's a design I call the Post Bag and I've been making them for friends for a couple of years. The applique on the front spells out the location of the current posting, in this case RAF Akrotiri.

Post Bag detail

The bags have been modified and refined over the last couple of years and although I still like the concept and the applique, but I think I need to jazz up the actual bag design at some stage... I'll add that to The List... about which I'll mention more in another post soon!

Hope your week is going well!

2 comments:

  1. Hi new friend!!!!! I am so happy to meet you!!!! Your blog looks like just what I need.
    I have not done any sewing in over a year. I just have a blank when it came to getting back in the sewing room. I have a baby quilt pieced and layered and ready to quilt and I have a bag statred for a good friend that I have to put an applique on of her dog and I got stuck!! I fell and hurt myself pretty good and that is what really stopped me. Thank you so much for your visit and your blog!! I'll bet you get me back in the sewing room.
    Hugs, Fern

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment on my blog - we're hoping for a handmade Christmas too, I need to get started NOW!!
    Sweet bag, lovely colours on the lettering. I do like your quilts too - something I've always wanted to have a go at, I' sure I'll get around to it eventually! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...