Monday, September 13, 2010

Apollo Hylates

Temple Of Apollo
Inscription
In a row

Good news for a Monday! The forecast for today is 29c, which is the first time in many months that our highs have been below 30c. So I thought I'd celebrate with some photos of an historic site close to our home .

Apollo Hylates is about five minutes up the road from us, I actually drive past the entrance twice a day and like every histroic site in Cyprus, admittance only costs €1.70.  So lots of very good reasons why we should have visited a lot earlier than 13 months into our tour, but it was this month's Episkopi Photography Club trip that finally motivated me. The project theme is "Cyprus Landmarks", which funnily enough is about the only theme I couldn't get started on whilst I was in the UK earlier this month.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my blog this morning! What fabulous history you have surrounding you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's amazing to see such antiquity in your own backyard! I would love to see it. Your pictures are very good!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...