Monday, June 7, 2010

Work in progress


Another of our friends is due to have a baby in a few weeks, so it's time to get cracking on another quilt.

Although I'm personally not much of a fan of this much pink together, the expectant mum cannot get enough of the colour, so I've been raiding my stash for all things pink.

I have to say I am loving making baby sized quilts at the moment, it provides an excellent excuse to try out new patterns on a small scale, and mini quilts require a few less evenings patiently hand-stitching the binding, which is definitely a winner.

This one should be completed by the end of the weekend and then I'll have to stop dragging my heels and finish my McCalls tunic top, which is currently lying in pieces on the dining room table (that of course being the dining room table that never gets used for dining!)

3 comments:

  1. Very tastefully pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who after 2 years still hasn't managed to make even a baby size quilt I must say I'm impressed. Very nice pattern, the new Mum will be delighted as will the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a pretty mixture of pink. Bet it will be treasured. I like it!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...