Thursday, April 5, 2012

Theo at seven months

Tummy Time - 10 March

And he's on the move!

At seven months old, Theo has decided to bypass the sitting stage and go straight to rolling, and so now he rolls everywhere, sometimes by design and sometimes by accident! I think he's like me, why sit still when there is so much to explore!?

This week he also got a few more air miles under his belt, with his fifth flight. The first four have been with me alone, but for this one he had his daddy to keep him company and a little girl in the row behind who was 10 days older. It all went pretty well though he wanted to know why there was nothing on the refreshments trolley for him! He made a good attempt at grabbing my sandwich and maneuvering it to his mouth!

Gatwick bound

Talking of which after a slow start with weaning, about a week before Jim came home, he suddenly got the hang of it and has been eating in ever increasing quantities since. Lots of porridge for breakfast, something from a vast stash of homemade frozen meals for lunch and then a mashed banana for tea. Though he's not sitting unaided, he's been sitting in a high-chair with a harness and enjoying it (I'm still painting our one though, just don't ask...)

First beaker

Last week we had a lovely few days at a holiday cottage in the Cairngorms, enjoying record high temperatures before the weather changed from 22c and sun to freezing with snow! We had no bath in the cottage, so T had the treat of kitchen sink bath-time! Such good fun for him and much kinder on my back! If ours wasn't normally full of washing up I could introduce it as a regular thing!

Bath in the kitchen sink


Tomorrow another big milestone for the boy - we're leaving him! Jim and I fly to Nova Scotia for a week's holiday and Theo will be staying with my parents. I'm sure he'll be fine, but will I? I haven't been apart from him for more than a couple of hours since he was born, I'm sure I'll still imagine hearing him crying or look in the backseat for him when we're on the other side of the Atlantic! But on the other hand... Goodness, a whole week with no ties... what will we do with ourselves!!

7 comments:

  1. He's such a cutie, especially in the sink! Have a lovely time away x

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I've been busy getting our family ready for our trip, I've been thinking of you guys arriving here as well. Even if the weather isn't balmy and sunny, you'll have a fabulous time together. And there are so many lovely restaurants downtown Halifax-if you like Italian you must look up A Mano's and Il Mercato. So delicious!! Have fun, and Theo will be just fine getting spoiled at his grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have been in the same position, of having to leave a little one, but I only did it for a weekend at a time. It's hard, but when you're away, and busy doing other things, you will only think of him in the evenings, when you're relaxing! Hope you have a good vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is coming on so well... have a wonderful time with just the 2 of you... I am sure he will survive!! Your mum is another story !! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics - especially bath time in the sink. He looks like his dad's 'mini me' too! So sweet. Enjoy your trip! My sister in law regularly had to go abroad for work when my niece was a baby. She found it far harder than my niece did - who loved coming to stay with me and grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure you are tentative about leaving him, it is an anxious time (especially the first) but I bet he is good hands and will be spoilt rotten. Enjoy your time alone together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaahhh he is gorgeous and growing up so quickly. Love the pic of him in the sink hee hee. Enjoy your break away, even though you will miss him it will be lovely for you guys to spend some quality time together x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...