Sunday, May 8, 2011

Settling in to Scotland...


After two months in limbo, we have finally all arrived in Scotland! 

Jim and the dogs drove up arriving midweek and I flew up on Friday. I had deliberately booked a flight which arrived mid-afternoon so that I would get my first glimpse of our new house in daylight, but Gatwick airport had other plans! I arrived at midday for my 2pm flight, and to cut a VERY long story short, we eventually took off at 9pm after a flight cancellation, several delays and armed police boarding the aircraft to remove drunken passengers!

So my first glimpse of the house was actually through very tired eyes at midnight! 

On the journey from Aberdeen airport to the house, I kept reminding myself not to make judgments about our new home as it wouldn't look its best with packing boxes and bare bulbs, BUT despite this I had only good first impressions.

Our new home has everything our old house in Cyprus lacked... a modern kitchen, a garden full of grass, an en suite bathroom, neutral coloured carpets and best of all no Cyprus dust! Even the washing machine and dishwasher work better now they are plumbed into modern plumbing.

We are spending this week unpacking boxes and exploring the local area. This morning we visited Lossiemouth beach which is about 5 miles from us (photo above and below) and the dogs absolutely loved it... I wonder what goes through a little Beagle's mind, when just a fortnight ago all she had ever known was Cyprus...

Little dog, big beach

 

7 comments:

  1. aawww bless her she is going to love her new home and all those wonderful beach walks ;-)) So glad to hear you arrived safe and sound. I hope the up packing all goes well, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Scotland! Hope you settle in well, your beagle is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Laura, loving Scotland so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you've made it to your new home! The beach is just beautiful, and I can't wait to see more!! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you guys are getting settled in your new home. Hope it brings you (and the dogs!) nothing but joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new adventure for everyone. My son has been to Scotland twice with his job, and loved it so much, has put in for an opening in that region. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back to The British Isles. Sounds like a horrendous journey though

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate your feedback and messages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...